Wednesday, November 11, 2020

By Way Of Introduction

I only have 3 boys. Well, 5 boys if you count my husband and our gecko, plus 2 girls if you consider our 2 cats. But for the purposes of this blog, we'll focus on the human children and go with 3. For many that I know, "only" 3 kids is not much at all. They successfully and beautifully raise more. For others, 3 seems like a lot to split resources between - time, money, attention, space, etc. They have 1 or 2 and successfully and beautifully raise them. To me, 3 feels just right for our family. Which is good, because, as previously stated, that's what I have.

Two of my 3 boys are identical twins. There is a several-year gap between my oldest and the 2 little ones, because though we always knew we wanted at least 2 kids, it had taken several years of trying to add a second child to our family. And when we finally did, that second child became a second and a third simultaneously. Life is so unpredictable!

We knew they were identical from the beginning, because of how the IVF cycle went. Our older son waited anxiously to find out if he was getting 2 brothers or 2 sisters, and was thrilled when we told him he wouldn't be suddenly outnumbered! I initially felt overwhelmed at the idea of having 3 boys - and only boys - running around, and had hoped for a little balance, but I quickly got used to the idea of being a "mom of boys." I became excited to see their relationships develop and observe their exploits, both cooperatively and independently. Boys can be pretty fun!

The twins are about 3.5 months old now. I have toyed with the idea of starting a blog for several weeks, with the intent of documenting what will surely be adventurous years to come! I finally decided to give it a shot. This blog is partly a form of journaling for myself, and partly to share our journey with anyone who wants to come along for the ride and see what it's like to have twins. Obviously, this is not representative of all twins, or even all identical twins, or all identical twin boys! This is just our journey. Welcome aboard!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Twindentity

Every time: "Where's Jed?" we ask. The babies both enthusiastically point to him. "Where's Mama?" Once again th...